- Ephesus Elementary
Return to Headlines
Weekly Message - 5/28/23
Hello families! This is Stacie Boyer, principal of Ephesus with a few reminders for the week of May 28th:
- Reminder that there is no school on Monday, May 29th in observance of Memorial Day.
End of Grade Assessments:
- We are proud of our 5th graders for working so hard on their science end of grade assessment this past Friday. They have certainly set a high bar for our 3rd and 4th graders to follow when they begin their EOGs this week!
- End of grade assessments are to be taken seriously as we want to accurately reflect the growth students have all made this year. We also want to note that EOGs are a single data point among many throughout the year and do not define a students’ entire educational story. Please remind your students about this balance and to try their best! You can help your student by making sure they get good rest, eat a good breakfast or reminding them to get breakfast when they arrive at school.
- 3rd and 4th grade will test READING on Wednesday, May 31st
- 3rd, 4th and 5th grade will test MATH on Thursday, June 1st
- 5th Grade will test READING on Friday, June 2nd
5th Grade Promotion/Volunteer Reminders:
- If you have a 5th grader, do not forget about their promotion posters! We would like them back by Wednesday, May 31st.
- We need volunteers to help set up and clean up on the morning of promotion (June 8th). The event begins at 9:30 am on the ballfield, and volunteers arrive at 7:30 am. We also need a few volunteers to help move instruments for the rehearsal on Tuesday, June 6th. Typically, we request help from fourth-grade parents, as many fifth-grade parents will be preparing to attend the ceremony. We welcome any - and all - help! Click HERE to learn more and to sign up.
Ephesus Elementary End of Year Party!
- Mark your calendars for our Annual End of Year Celebration on June 1st! We will have a FOAM and bubble party, so come dressed for that! Free hot dogs and ice cream treats for all!
- Our last spirit day is at YoPop yogurt on the last day of school, June 9th. It is an all day event and they will donate 20% of Ephesus sales to the PTA.
French Poetry Contest Winners:
- Oh là là! The French Poetry Contest was a huge success with over 90 students from Ephesus competing! These students received a certificate of participation and an Eiffel Tower keychain. Ribbon winners were announced on Friday and can be seen here. C'est magnifique! We are already looking forward to next year's contest!
Thanks and have a great week!
Stacie Boyer, Principal