2021-2022 Back to School Information
Please note: This page will update as more information becomes available from CHCCS and/or Phillips
Back to School Bash
On Thursday, August 19 we will be hosting our "Back to School Bash" from 4:00 - 7:00 pm. This is an opportunity for all of our Falcons to come out, meet staff, ask questions, and get ready for the new school year.
- We will have guided tours from 4:00 - 5:30 pm for those families new to CHCCS. Tours are limited to 15 people per tour and you must sign up in advance. Please use the SignUp Genius to book a time.
- Visit our information fair on the football field between 4:00 - 7:00 pm. We plan to have teachers, PowerSchool Information, Child Nutrition Services Information, PTSA, Transportation and more!
- ALL those attending the Back to School Bash MUST be masked at ALL TIMES, regardless of vaccination status or location (indoors or outdoors)
6th Grade- Candice Lewis (email@example.com) 919-929-2188 ext. 31259
7th Grade- Jewel Rutan (firstname.lastname@example.org) 919-929-2188 ext. 31291
8th Grade- Brittany Egan (email@example.com) 919-929-2188 ext. 31260
Student Services website can be found (HERE)
- ALL staff, students, and visitors will be required to wear a face covering (mask) while on campus, on the school bus, or at school events.
- Face covering requirements are regardless of vaccination status
- Face coverings may be removed while eating/drinking, when outside if a minimum of 3 feet distance is maintained, and during any formal "mask breaks."
- We will have masks to provide to students if they forget their mask at home
- We will be returning to full in-person instruction with the start of the 2021 - 2022 school year
- There are NO virtual or hybrid learning options available to K-8 students in CHCCS at this time
- Families will need to fill out an attestation form each quarter. Students without this form on file may not be allowed to attend school. The attestation form can be found (HERE)
- We will discontinue the daily health screening and temperature checks. Families are asked to self-screen each day using these questions.
- If in doubt, or if running a fever - students should stay home from school
- Unless otherwise announced, all meetings will be held virtually.
- CHCCS is not allowing visitors or volunteers on school sites at this time
- Masks may be removed while actively eating or drinking.
- Outdoor eating will be the priority pending weather conditions and supervision and capacity considerations at each school.
- Additional picnic tables, and in some cases tents, have been ordered to facilitate outdoor eating (and outdoor learning experiences) as much as feasible.
- Both breakfast and lunch will be free for all students this year. We will be preparing hot meals. Students will go through the lunch line, students should be three feet apart.
Schedules will be available for pickup during the Back to School Bash on August 19th. They will also be available online at Powerschool around that same time.
Schedule changes will only be considered for the following situations:
- Student has already taken the course.
- Course is out of order (i.e. Spanish II without Spanish I).
- Student is missing classes to make a full schedule.
- Student special education needs are not being met.
*All schedules change requests must be placed with a grade-level counselor and approved by administration.*
Please check the CHCCS Transportation website (HERE) for updates and information.
- All buses will have strict assigned seating to support contact tracing. All drivers should be at least six feet from students. Students will be seated 2-3 per seat.
- Buses will be fully cleaned and disinfected after the morning routes, and at the end of the day, every day.
- Students and drivers must wear a mask on any CHCCS bus.
Bus Eligibility and Stop Finder (CLICK HERE)
Teachers will be creating student supply lists and we will have those posted to our website no later than August 17th. Supply lists will also be available at our Back to School Bash.
Each student will continue to be supplied with a Chromebook and charger for their use during the school year. These will be issued during 1st period the first week of school.
One supply item that each student will need this year is a combination lock.
- Since students will have electronic devices, we will be asking them to secure their belongings during PE in lockers that are provided in the locker room.
- Students will use the lock during their class period and then remove/take it with them once PE is done for the day.
- Students may choose any type of combination lock for their PE locker
- Locks left on for multiple days will be removed - which may damage/destroy the lock
- Phillips will not be responsible for belongings that are lost/damaged due to not being secured
If you need assistance in securing a lock for your student, please see the grade-level counselor or our school social worker.
Other Important Information Links
August 15th Newsletter from Principal Jones (CLICK HERE)
- Message From The Principal, Back to School Bash, Booster Club, Updates from Dr. Hamlett, Supply List Information and Lockers/Locker Room, Fall Athletics, Safe Return to School Updates, Estes Drive Construction Project, Upcoming Dates of Importance/School Calendar
August 6th Newsletter from Principal Jones (CLICK HERE)
- Message From The Principal, Back to School Bash, Supply List Information and Lockers/Locker Room, Fall Athletics, Safe Return to School Updates, Estes Drive Construction Project, Upcoming Dates of Importance/School Calendar
August 6th Copy of Message sent to Families by CHCCS Office of Community Relations (CLICK HERE)
- Instruction/Remote Learning, Health/Quarantine Protocols, Arrival/Dismissal, Cafeteria/Meal Procedures, Facility Use/Visitors/Volunteers/Field Trips