Food for Students Program
Update: Summer Food for Students made easier! CHCCS is providing free meals and enrichment activities this summer to any students age 18 and younger. Update: Children no longer are required to stay at the site to eat meals, and meals can now be picked up for other children who are not physically present (this is the result of a federal waiver that was extended late last week.)
Free meals for anyone age 18 and younger are available at these locations:
School site (Mondays-Thursdays, except holidays):
- Northside Elementary School, 350 Caldwell St., 11 a.m.-1p.m.
Community sites (Mondays-Thursdays, except holidays). Just look for the big yellow bus:
- Airport Gardens, 859 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.,10:30 a.m.-11:15 a.m.
- Dobbins Hill, 1749 Dobbins Dr., 10:30 a.m.-11:15 a.m.
- Eastwood Apartments, 100 Billie Holiday Ct., 10:30 a.m.-11:15 a.m.
- Colony Woods, 1700 Jackie Robinson St., 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Pinegate Apartments, 100 Pinegate Cir., 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Ridgefield Apartments, 398 South Estes Dr., 11:30 a.m. -12:15 p.m.
Please note the following community sites have been discontinued due to low participation: Effective Monday, July 25, the Craig/Gomains and Pritchard Ave.; effective Monday, August 8, the 180 West (BPW) and Berkshire West.
Students can pick up Friday lunches on Thursdays. Again, children no longer are required to stay at the site to eat meals, and meals can now be picked up for other children who are not physically present.
Food for Students is part of the district's Child Nutrition Department.