CHS AP Summer Resources
AP Summer Bridge Camp 2020
In addition to previewing core skills and content needed for first-time AP Students to succeed, this program also aims to support students of underrepresented groups in the hopes that our AP program at Carrboro High School can continue to grow and better reflect our community. The Summer Bridge Camp is FREE and open to all students registered for participating AP courses.
Link to Registration (registration ends Monday, July 6th, 2020)
AP Resources and Tips
Below you will find a list of common skills and strategies, as well as other helpful information, aimed at preparing all students for success in an AP course.
- Am I Ready for AP?
- Conquering an AP Course: Tips for Success
- Canvas Quick Start Guide
- VIDEO: Focused Note-Taking Overview
- Focused Note-Taking PPT Presentation
- Focused Note-Taking Handout
- 5 Phases of Focused Note-Taking Brief
- Cornell Notes Explainer
- Blank Cornell Template
- VIDEO: SQ3R Reading Strategy Overview
- SQ3R Reading Strategy Explained
- SQ3R Reading Strategy Graphic
- Identify & Interpret Strategy
Below you will find a document of helpful resources for various AP courses at CHS. Please note: these are in no way to be considered required assignments or “summer work” but are merely aimed to provide students with opportunities for support prior to and during their enrollment in AP courses at Carrboro High School.