What: The annual Battle of the Books (BOB). You’re invited to read great books and help your team score points by answering questions in the final game battle. Open to all 4th and 5th grade students at Estes Hills.
When: Sign up now! Interested students will start meeting weekly at the end of February. Teams will be assigned early February. Fill out the BoB Contract (see below) and return it to your teacher by Friday, November 9th.
How: Read 2 books and complete 2 sets of questions by January 31, 2019 to join a team. Participate in the BOB Book Club during school hours. Continue reading books to help your team. Battle other teams in April. Have fun reading!
CHCCS Elementary Battle of the Books 2019:
- Ban This Book by Alan Gratz
- The Candymakers by Wendy Mass
- Doll Bones by Holly Black
- El Deafo by Cece Bell
- The First Rule of Punk by Celia Pérez
- Fortunately the Milk by Neil Gaiman
- Found by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
- How to Steal a Dog by Barbara O'Connor
- Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai
- The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies
- Not So Different by Shane Burcaw
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- Save Me a Seat by Sarah Weeks & Gita Varadarajan
- A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd
- Stella by Starlight by Sharon M. Draper
- The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger
- The Watsons go to Birmingham- 1963 by Christopher Paul Curtis