What is Battle of the Books?
It's a fun reading competition that tests students' knowledge of the selected. Teams of 8-12 participants read the 18 selected Battle books December-March. In February and March, teams met to practice for the battle. The date for the battle has not been determine but will be sometime in March.
Have you submitted your questions, yet?
If you signed up for BoB, you must read 2 books and write 2 sets of questions by January 17th to be eligible to join a team. All questions must be entered online. The link is on the left.
CHCCS Elementary Battle of the Books 2020
- Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora by Pablo Cartaya
- Front Desk by Kelly Yang
- New Kid by Jerry Craft
- The Parker Inheritance by Varian Johnson
- Stella Diaz Has Her Say by Angela Dominguez
- Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert O'Brien
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi
- The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn by Dorothy and Thomas Hoobler
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Extra Credit by Andrew Clements
- Joey Pigza Swallows the Key by Jack Gantos
- Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
- Locomotion by Jacqueline Woodson
- Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate