McDougle Elementary achieves equitable outcomes and a genuine love of learning by nurturing positive relationships, providing innovative instruction, and responding to the strengths and needs of the whole child.
1. Provide engaging & relevant lessons that motivate & nurture love of learning.
2. Hold all students to high academic expectations. Promote growth mindset and implement acceleration strategies.
3. Relationship building between teacher and student, student to student, and school to community (parents).
4. Provide a restorative approach (high nurture/high expectations & unconditional positive regard) so that every child feels safe and known at the school.
5. Focus on social-emotional needs, conflict resolution in K-5 in collaboration with counselors and social workers
6. Focus on common routines for behavior longer in the beginning of the year and hold them accountable.