The counseling department’s mission is to provide a comprehensive program to support academic, career, and personal/social growth for all students in order to assist them on their unique paths toward lifelong learning and success.
Comprehensive Counseling Services and Programs
- Comprehensive intake meeting for each student with educational stakeholders to evaluate transcripts, GPAs, course schedule, academic and career plans.
- Individual counseling for students grades 9-12 regarding academic, socioemotional, and career goals.
- Continuous monitoring of each student’s academic plan and graduation progress.
- School wide programs on college and career planning, financial aid, budgeting, and goal setting.
- Field trips to community colleges and 4-year universities.
- 11th and 12th grade classroom lessons on financial aid and the Career and College Promise Program (Dual Enrollment Program with local community colleges).
- Targeted counseling with seniors on college planning, financial aid, transition planning, self-advocating skills, management and organization.
- ACT Preparatory Lessons
- Independent Living Skills Club
Eve Lipner, Counselor
9191-918-2800 ext. 32212