Student support services include prevention, intervention, transition and follow-up services for students and families. We provide direct services for all children and youth, especially those who are experiencing problems that create barriers to learning. Direct services are provided by means such as education, counseling, consultation and individual assessment. Student support services are a vital part of comprehensive school program success.
To help develop an academically successful and socially responsible community by providing support services that encourage and empower each student.
Culbreth Middle School Student Services Staff
What is the Role of a School Counselor?
- Support the personal, social, academic, and career development of all students
- Work with students individually and in small groups
- Promote positive attitudes among students towards self and others
- Help students understand how school performance relates to future opportunities
- Work collaboratively with students, parents, and staff to identify and remove barriers to student learning
- Provide support during personal crises
- Coordinate referrals to outside agencies and develops community partnerships
- Deliver classroom guidance teaching personal/social skills, academic success skills, etc.
- Help design interventions to enhance student success
- Help parents and school staff meet the needs of all students
- Help create a safe, positive school climate
Resources for Parents and Students
- CHCCS District Student Services Page
- How the Middle School Brain Works
- 15 Sites and Apps Kids are Heading to Beyond Facebook
- Orange County Rape Crisis Center
- Psychology Today allows you to search for therapists based on insurance, specialty, and location.