About Our School Improvement Team
The Ephesus School Improvement Team (SIT) is a state-mandated organization made up of elected Ephesus staff and parents. Our purpose is to "develop a school improvement plan to strengthen student performance". In addition to the development of the School Improvement Plan, the SIT also:
- approves the annual capital and operational budget requests to the district and school board.
- serves as counsel to the district and the school board.
- functions as an advisory group to the principal and may provide input on issues such as school climate, safety, programs, and philosophy.
- solicits input from our school community and hears concerns of our constituents about school programs.
The SIT cannot endorse political candidates, but can advocate for Ephesus at a local, state, and national level. All meetings are open to the public. There is a public comment portion of each at the beginning of the agenda.
Meetings are from 5:30 until 6:30 PM in the library.
School Improvement Plans are online in NC STAR
Sign in with this username and password:
SIT Members 2023-2024
- Tina Casto
- Jessica Schaul
- Ambreen Pearsall
- Irene Skowronek - co-chair
- Dean Freelon
- John Farhat
- John Paul Shebalin
- Jamila Smith
- Stacy Paper