The Service Learning Program remains closed until further notice.
Service Learning Guidelines
- Service Learning Hours must be completed at an approved 501c3 non-profit agency listed in LetServe.com (Exception: Assisted-living facilities and convalescent/nursing homes).
- Service Learning Hours must be entered and approved within the current academic school year.
- Service Hours can only be approved by the supervisor at the agency. Family members and students may not sign off as a supervisor.
- Activities for which students are personally compensated or which are required as a form of restitution, cannot be counted toward the Service Learning requirement. Compensation includes all forms of payment (money, discounts, items, grades, privileges, honor awards, etc.).
- Students will not receive Service Learning Hours for camps, classes, or any organizations that charge a fee or tuition for the volunteer to participate.
- Hours will be approved for service only. Hours will not be approved for donations, such as contributions of funds or other items.
- Students can participate in a fund-raising event for a non-profit organization, however, soliciting for donations, selling items, running/walking/swimming/biking, etc. to raise money, will not be approved.
- Nonpartisan political activities will count toward service hours. Activities that promote specific candidates or political parties, or are affiliated with a specific political agenda, will not count for service hours.
- Religious and faith-based hours can be approved as long as the work is not in conjunction with any worship service or religious activity.