Withdrawing a Student from the District

  • To withdraw a student from the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, a parent or legal guardian must contact the student's school directly. Withdrawals are not completed at Central Office/Lincoln Center.

    A school will normally ask that the student return all school-owned materials and complete a brief withdrawal form. Withdrawal forms vary by school level, but we typically need to know the reason for the withdrawal and information about the student's next school. If you are planning to home school your child, please note the requirements set by the NC Division of Non-Public Education.

    Please go to the particular school's website for school information or a staff directory. Typically, you should contact the school's Data Manager or the student's Guidance Counselor to complete a withdrawal.

    For the safety of our students, only a parent or legal guardian (with photo I.D.) can withdraw a student. If you have questions, please contact your school principal for more information.