College Application Resources
The college application process can be exciting but also overwhelming. We are here to help!! Listed below are a number of resources you may use when completing applications, writing essays, requesting recommendations and completing various other steps towards admission to the college/university of your choice.
FAFSA Resources:Estudiantes y padres: Hagan clic aquí y aquí para obtener información y ayuda con la FAFSA. Click here and here for the information in English.
College y Consejos is offering free, virtual FAFSA assistance to any Latinx student in NC. Details are as follows:
- Appointments available at bit.ly/cycFAFSA
- Appointments are available Sundays-Thursdays, 2/21-3/7.
- Evening and Sunday appointments can be in Spanish or English.
- Weekday appointments are in English only.
- Appointments are available for students, parents/caregivers, and counselors.
- Students do not have to be associated with our organization to get help.
- Counselors who may be working with a student in person or via Zoom, or counselors who have questions about FAFSA completion with immigrant families, can sign up for appointments.
College Admissions Resources/OrganizationsNational Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)This organization provides detailed information regarding the college admissions process. It includes guides for student/parents in regards to applying for and paying for college. Visit the NACAC Website for more information.Tips for Approaching the College Admissions Essay
Common App Ready - Follow THIS LINK for tips from the Common App about how to best tell your story.