Computer Check-Out Program
The Computer Check-out Program supports the success of all students in the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City School District (CHCCS) by providing computer technology and training to our underrepresented families. CHCCS firmly believes that all students should have safe and convenient access to the transformative power of computer and internet access.
Services We Provide and How to Enroll
- Off-Campus access to computers.
- Off-Campus access to the internet.
The Computer Check-Out Program is currently available at all district high schools.
Students who could benefit from participation in the Computer Checkout Program should follow these steps:
- Have a parent or guardian sign the Student Loaner Technology Agreement Form. These can be obtained by:
- Going to the school’s library
- Seeing the school’s social worker
- Printing the Student Loaner Technology Agreement Form
- Printing the Student Loaner Technology Agreement- Spanish Version
- Turn in the Student Loaner Technology Agreement Form
- If he or she only needs a computer, turn the form into the school’s library.
- If he or she needs internet access and a computer, the student needs to see the school Social Worker.
- The school’s media center will check out and periodically inspect devices loaned to the student.