Technology Advisory Committee (TAC)
The Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools Technology Advisory Committee consists of members from the school district, representatives from higher education, government, business, a school board member, and parents who help to guide the strategic direction of technology adoption in the district.
Mission and Goals:
- An on-going review of the district’s progress toward the adopted technology goals in the strategic plan and North Carolina Digital Learning Plan
- A formal structure for discussion and feedback on educational, administrative, and operational aspects of technology use (i.e. research and recommendations on screen time/digital balance, digital equity, etc)
- Input on district technology initiatives (i.e. the one-to-one program)
- Ideas and insights in helping CHCCS work toward technology improvement(s)
- Engage technology ambassadors who can promote the positive aspects of technology use in our classrooms