Technology Advisory Committee (TAC)
The Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools Technology Advisory Committee consists of members from the school district, representatives from higher education, government, business, a school board member, and parents who help to guide the strategic direction of technology adoption in the district. Each school year, the composition of the Technology Advisory Committee changes as we seek the input of as many voices as possible across the collective CHCCS community.
Mission and Goals
- An on-going review of the district’s progress toward the adopted technology goals in the strategic plan and North Carolina Digital Learning Plan
- A formal structure for discussion and feedback on educational, administrative, and operational aspects of technology use (i.e. research and recommendations on screen time/digital balance, digital equity, etc)
- Input on district technology initiatives (i.e. the one-to-one program)
- Ideas and insights in helping CHCCS work toward technology improvement(s)
- Engage technology ambassadors who can promote the positive aspects of technology use in our classrooms