How many titles can I check out at a time?
You may check out 5 items at a time. However, this can change depending on how responsible you are in regards to returning your materials.
What are the check-out periods?
- Regular books - 3 weeks
- New Release books (marked with yellow tape) - 2 weeks
- Audiobooks - 1 week
- Magazines - 1 week
How many times can I renew a title?
As long as no one has it on hold, you can renew it as many times as you need to. We reserve the right to deny a renewal.
Are there late fees if my book is overdue?
There are no late fees. However, if you are late on more than two titles and don't renew the week your book is due, then you may only check out one title at a time.
What do I do if the library doesn't own a particular title?
You can make a recommendation in the suggestion box, located on the circulation desk! Last year, we purchased over 100 titles suggested by students.
How can I search for titles?
- We have two Destiny kiosks set up in the fiction for you to search for titles
- You can ask a librarian
- You can search on any device using the Destiny Discover widgets located on every page of this website (as long as you've asked permission to use it).
Coming to the Library
When can I come to the library?
- You can come to check out a book during any period of the day as long as the library isn't closed. You'll need a pass from your teacher to come on your own.
- Language Arts classes will have scheduled days for library checkout. If your teacher isn't adhering to this, you have my permission to bug them.
Wait. Why does the library close?
Sometimes we have to close because classes are using the space, or because of testing. There will be detailed signs on the door explaining how "closed" we are on a given day. Some days we'll be completely closed; other days we'll be open for checkouts but not recess; while on other days, we'll be completely open!
Can I come to the library for recess study hall or intervention time?
Yes, you may! Just ask your teacher for a pass. Acceptable uses of the library during this time include the following:
- Reading and checking out materials
- Meeting with an approved club
- Meeting with a study group
- Engaging in Makerspace activities when available
Student Library Clubs
How can I start a student club?
Students are encouraged to create their own clubs and run them on their own. The library will provide a space for your club on a given day of the week. Please fill out the student club request form in order to get started. Due to our staggered schedule, your club will only be able to meet once or twice a week.
Click here to fill out the club request form or fill out the form below.
What perks are available to my club?
- You'll get a pass that guarantees you entrance on an agreed-upon day each week during your recess/lunch period.
- The ability to eat your lunch in the library that day.
- These perks can be revoked. Please respect the library rules.
How can I become a library assistant?
Student library assistants have been instrumental in helping support the library. Here is how you become a library assistant:
- Attend the library assistant interest meeting in September or in January
- Complete the library assistant orientations
- Complete an in-person shelving test and written test
What perks are available to student library assistants?
Library assistants get a number of perks, including:
- A pass for your given days of the week
- The ability to eat lunch in the library on those days
- The ability to help plan and arrange special events like Harry Potter Week
- You can read announcements or help us collect library books
- The knowledge that you've helped make this an awesome place!