Summer Programs from Community Schools
COMMUNITY SCHOOLS 2022 SUMMER CAMP PROGRAM
Registration for the Community Schools 2022 Summer Camp Program begins on April 26th.
Summer Camp Information:
- Glenwood Elementary-Full day camp
- McDougle Elementary-Full day camp
- Northside Elementary-Half day camp (for summer school/RTA students only)
Staff to Student ratio:
- One staff to 16 students ratio
- Full day camp - $170/week, $50/week deposit (applied to total fee) and $40 registration fee
- Half day camp - $85/week, $25/week deposit (applied to total fee) and $20 registration fee
- Follow the links provided below to access the required forms.
- Complete and submit the registration and enrollment forms to the Community Schools office.
- Forms may be mailed to 750 S. Merritt Mill Road, Chapel Hill NC 27516, emailed to email@example.com or delivered in person to the Community Schools office located at 125 W. Main St., Carrboro NC 27510.
- Once enrolled, the Community Schools office will email with payment options.
- Contact the Community Schools office at 919-967-8211 ext 28266 with questions.
Summer Camp Themes
2022 Summer Camp Themes
Week 1 (June 27 – June 30) Lifetime All Stars
Welcome summer with exciting activities that allow campers to share their unique personalities and diversity with others. Campers express themselves through games, crafts, arts, sports and music, while making connections with others.
Week 2 (July 5 – July 7) Art Explosions
Unlock your imagination during this week full of art! Campers express themselves creatively and learn that art is not limited to painting and drawing. They have lots of opportunities to participate in a variety of artistic activities.
Week 3 (July 11 – July 14) A Passion for Nature
This week is full of activities that will spark campers’ curiosity for science and nature. They engage in creative learning through hands-on exploration and experiments.
Week 4 (July 18 – July 21) Cultural Kaleidoscope
Let’s travel the world together! Campers explore games, trivia and customs from around the globe. Cultural dance, crafts, styles of art, and more are discovered.
Week 5 (July 25 – July 28) 3 E’s: Exercise, Eat, Explore
Campers will explore the importance of fitness and healthy eating through fun games, activities and cooking projects.
Week 6 (August 1 – August 4) Drop the Beat and Move Your Feet
Let’s move and groove through this week of exciting fun! Campers will learn a variety of dance moves and have the opportunity to explore all parts of the musical arts.
2022 Summer Youth Enrichment Program
The Summer Youth Enrichment Program offers students (grade levels 1 through 12) a variety of courses in arts/crafts, sports/fitness, cooking/sewing, science/technology, music, theatre and writing.
Please use the links below to access this summer's course offerings and registration information.