Elementary After School Program
ALL ELEMENTARY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAMS ARE AT CAPACITY. AT THIS TIME WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING WAIT LIST APPLICATIONS FOR OUR 11 ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS. SUBMITTING A WAIT LIST APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE A SPACE IN THE PROGRAM. ENROLLMENT IN THE PROGRAM WILL BE CONFIRMED BY THE COMMUNITY SCHOOLS OFFICE IF A SPACE BECOMES AVAILABLE.
THE LINK TO THE WAIT LIST APPLICATION CAN BE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
After-School InformationAfter-School is a school-age care program offered at each of the eleven elementary schools in the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools district. The program provides a balance of structured and free-choice activities designed to stimulate the students’ social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
- trained staff and a safe, stimulating environment
- theme-related activities in arts, crafts, music, dramatic play, science, language arts, cooking, and more
- organized indoor and outdoor games and physical activities
- homework and quiet time
- guest presenters and performers, including storytellers, magicians, drama and dance groups
- “club” activities that foster individual interests of students
- field trips
- time for social interaction with a diverse group of peers
Operating InformationFor: Students in Kindergarten-5th gradeHours:2:30-6:00 p.m. regular school days7:45-5:45 Teacher Workdays (optional for an additional fee)7:45-5:45 p.m. Spring Break Care (optional for an additional fee)Closed holidays and school breaksRatios: 1 staff person for up to 16 students(919) 967-8211 ext 28266