Elementary After School Program
**After-School enrollment for the 2023/24 school year opens June 5, 2023 at 9:00am**
In order to enroll in the 2023/24 After-School Program, please complete the 2023/24 After-School Enrollment Form (the link is provided at the bottom of this page).
- You may email your completed form to the Community Schools office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also mail your completed form to Community Schools, 750 S. Merritt Mill Road, Chapel Hill NC 27516 or deliver your completed form to the Community Schools office at 521 S. Greensboro Street, Carrboro NC 27510
Community Schools will contact you within 48 hours regarding your enrollment status.
If you receive a space in the program, an invoice in the amount of $160 which includes registration fee ($40.00/child) and deposit ($120.00/child) will be emailed to you, along with payment options. Enrollment is confirmed upon payment.
If there are no spaces available at your program site, you will receive an email about joining the waitlist.
After-School InformationAfter-School is a school-age care program offered at each of the eleven elementary schools in the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools district. The program provides a balance of structured and free-choice activities designed to stimulate the students’ social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
- trained staff and a safe, stimulating environment
- theme-related activities in arts, crafts, music, dramatic play, science, language arts, cooking, and more
- organized indoor and outdoor games and physical activities
- homework and quiet time
- guest presenters and performers, including storytellers, magicians, drama and dance groups
- “club” activities that foster individual interests of students
- field trips
- time for social interaction with a diverse group of peers
Operating InformationFor:Students in Kindergarten-5th gradeHours:2:30-6:00 p.m. regular school days7:45-5:45 Teacher Workdays (optional for an additional fee)Closed holidays and school breaksRatios:1 staff person for up to 16 students (no small group sizes)Fees:$240 per month(919) 967-8211 ext 28266