Elementary After School Program
We currently have wait lists at all of our After-School Programs for the 2018-2019 school year. In order to be placed on the wait list a completed enrollment form must be received in our office. The form can be found below:
Contact Community Schools
(919) 967-8211 x28266
About the ProgramAfter-School is a five-star licensed school-age care program offered at each of the eleven elementary schools in the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools district. The program provides a balance of structured and free-choice activities designed to stimulate the students’ social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
- trained staff and a safe, stimulating environment
- theme-related activities in arts, crafts, music, dramatic play, science, language arts, cooking, and more
- organized indoor and outdoor games and physical activities
- homework and quiet time
- guest presenters and performers, including storytellers, magicians, drama and dance groups
- “club” activities that foster individual interests of students
- field trips
- time for social interaction with a diverse group of peers
Operating InformationFor: Students in Kindergarten-5th gradeHours:2:30-6:00 p.m. regular school days7:45-5:45 Teacher Workdays (optional for an additional fee)7:45-5:45 p.m. Spring Break Care (optional for an additional fee)Closed holidays and school breaksRatios: 1 staff person for up to 16 students
CostsFees: (per student)$40 registration fee$115 deposit$230 monthly tuition
Register for Elementary After SchoolDownload and complete our Brochure and Registration Form. Registration for the 2019-20 school year begins on April 23, 2019. Forms cannot be accepted prior to this date.