Gifted Program Advisory Council (GPAC)
The 2019-22 gifted plan calls for the continuation of a district-wide Gifted Program Advisory Council comprised of parent representation from each school in addition to an elementary and middle school administrator and Gifted Education Specialist.
- To advocate for students who need differentiated approaches for advanced instruction in order to meet their academic and intellectual needs.
- To improve the overall quality of gifted programming for students in K-12.
- To foster clear and constructive communications among parents, schools, and the school district.
- To provide direct support for implementation of the focus practices of the 2019-2022 Plan Cycle.
- To provide feedback to the parent and educational communities regarding the status and implementation of gifted programming at respective schools.
- To recommend strategies for improving services and opportunities to students in K-12.
- To serve as a liaison for sharing of programmatic successes and constructive feedback among the district, school and parent groups in our community.
GPAC Meeting DatesGPAC Meeting dates for 2019-2020
- Oct. 1, 2019: Credit by Demonstrated Mastery (CDM) @ Phoenix
- Oct 10, 2019: Twice Exceptional (2e) @ ECHHS
- Nov. 19, 2019
- Jan. 14, 2020
- Feb. 18, 2020
- March 24, 2020
- May 5, 2020