Gifted Program Advisory Council (GPAC)
The 2016-2019 gifted plan calls for the continuation of a district-wide Gifted Program Advisory Council comprised of parent representation from each school in addition to an elementary and middle school administrator and Gifted Education Specialist.
- To advocate for students who need differentiated approaches for advanced instruction in order to meet their academic and intellectual needs.
- To improve the overall quality of gifted programming for students in K-12.
- To foster clear and constructive communications among parents, schools, and the school district.
- To provide direct support for implementation of the focus practices of the 2016-2019 Plan Cycle.
- To provide feedback to the parent and educational communities regarding the status and implementation of gifted programming at respective schools.
- To recommend strategies for improving services and opportunities to students in K-12.
- To serve as a liaison for sharing of programmatic successes and constructive feedback among the district, school and parent groups in our community.
GPAC Meeting DatesGPAC Meeting dates for 2018-19Meetings are held at Phoenix Academy from 6:00pm-7:30pmSept 25, 2018Oct 30, 2018Nov 27, 2018Jan 29, 2019Feb 26, 2019April 2, 2019