- The Chapel Hill Public Library has a 12-book Rainbow Reads kit available for checkout here.
- Culturally Sustaining Website
- Diverse LGBTQ Inclusive Picture Books: Welcoming Schools: Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s list of inclusive picture books
- Being You, First Conversations: picture books for facilitating first conversations around a variety of topics
Resources for learning about LGBTQIA+ identities or discussing gender and sexuality with your child
- Talking to Young Children - Gender Spectrum
- Children and gender identity: Supporting your child - Mayo Clinic
- How to Talk to Kids About Gender Identity - On Our Sleeves
- Teaching Kids About Gender Pronouns - On Our Sleeves
- Talking to Grandparents and Other Adult Family Members about your child’s gender identity - Human Rights Campaign
- Resources from the Human Rights Campaign for parents of LGBTQ+ youth
- The Gender Unicorn: https://transstudent.org/gender/
Advocating for your student at school
- If you would like to change your child’s preferred name in Power School more information and documentation to fill out is included here Enrollment / Name Changes
- Advocating for LGBTQ Students with Disabilities: a resource for parents and educators including an overview of the rights of LGBTQ students with disabilities, as well as actionable recommendations on how to best support them. Created by The Human Rights Campaign Foundation, in collaboration with legal and education experts at the National Center for Lesbian Rights, the National Association of School Psychologists, and the National Education Association.