Volunteering & Background Checks
Potential volunteers who are 18 or older are asked to complete a background check, just as CHCCS employees do during the hiring process.
Begin the application: Use this link to visit SecureVolunteer Powered by BIB
*Please note: This system requires ID verification. You will need your driver's license, passport, or an alternate form of ID to complete the application.
The process: You should expect to receive three emails during the volunteer application process. Check your spam folder if you do not receive these emails.
- The first email will indicate that your application was received and is being processed.
- The second email will indicate that your report is complete, meaning the company has finished processing the background check.
- The third email will confirm your approval to volunteer and should be presented to your contact at a school for verification.
- Approval should be expected within 3-5 business days unless there are special circumstances that need to be discussed between you and the school.
Check the status: You can check the status of your application by creating an account on the BIB Applicant Portal. The link to the portal can also be found in the first email you receive from BIB.
Expiration: The results of this background check are valid for two years with CHCCS. You may submit a new application beginning 30 days prior to your expiration date. If you are unsure whether or not your background check has expired, you can check the BIB Applicant Portal, contact your school, or you can contact Jenny Walters at email@example.com.
If you are experiencing issues with the QR code or with scanning your ID, click this link to enter all of your information manually.
It is advised that applicants do not use a phone to complete the background check. In addition, the most compatible browsers are Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
If you are still experiencing issues completing the background check, please try these solutions.
- Force refresh the page.
- On a device running Windows, press Ctrl + F5
- On a Mac, press Apple + R or command + R
- Clear your cookies.
- On any browser, press Ctrl + Shift + Delete. This will allow you to clear your cookies. It will also allow you to clear cached pages and temporary files. This is the ONLY way you can clear your cookies.
- Uncheck everything except cookies. If you want to clear the cache too, then leave only cookies and cache checked. If you clear form data, passwords or logins, then all of your saved passwords and pre-filled forms will be erased.
- Force refresh the page.