2021-2022 Back to School Information
Please note: This page will update as more information becomes available from CHCCS and/or Estes Hills
It's quickly approaching!
Kindergarten students have received information regarding their staggered start dates with shortened days beginning on August 23rd and 24th. All Kindergarten students will receive their teacher’s name on Tuesday and will report to school for a full day on August 25th.
1-5 grade will report for a full day on August 23rd.
- ALL staff and studentswill be required to wear a face covering (mask) while on campus, on the school bus, or at school events. At this time, visitors are not permitted on campus unless they are signing their child in or out of school or have a scheduled meeting.
- Face covering requirements are regardless of vaccination status.
- Face coverings may be removed while eating/drinking, and during any formal "mask breaks."
- We will have masks to provide to students and visitors if they forget their mask.
- Families will need to fill out an attestation form each quarter. Students without this form on file may not be allowed to attend school. The attestation form can be found HERE.
- We will discontinue the daily health screening and temperature checks. Families are asked to self-screen each day using these questions.
- If students are experiencing any COVID symptoms, your child should stay home. Please contact Nurse Evan if you need guidance at 919-942-4753 extension 30270.
- Masks may be removed while actively eating or drinking.
- Outdoor eating will be the priority pending weather conditions and supervision and capacity considerations at each school. If students are unable to eat outside due to the weather, teachers will ensure students are adequately spaced, facing the front, and not talking while eating.
- Additional picnic tables, have been ordered to facilitate outdoor eating (and outdoor learning experiences) as much as feasible.
- Both breakfast and lunch will be free for all students this year.
- Students will go through the lunch line to pick up a hot lunch. While in line, students will be at least three feet apart.
The bell schedule for Elementary Schools is 7:50-8:35. Car circle drop off will be from 7:25-7:45 as instruction will begin promptly at 7:50. If your child plans on eating a grab and go breakfast, please have them at school by 7:40.
- Students arriving at school after 7:50am will need to sign in with an adult at the front of the building.
- On Wednesday, August 18th around 5:00 pm, you will receive a call from your child’s teacher. If you do not receive this call, please check in with a staff member on campus when you arrive for Meet Your Teacher.
Please check the CHCCS Transportation website (HERE) for updates and information.
- All buses will have strict assigned seating to support contact tracing. All drivers should be at least six feet from students. Students will be seated 2-3 per seat.
- Buses will be fully cleaned and disinfected after the morning and afternoon routeseach day.y.
- Students and drivers must wear a mask on any CHCCS bus.
Our School Supply list can be accessed here.
COVID Protocol (Add this session after Safety)
- All students that have COVID-like symptoms will be moved to a monitored isolation area until they can be assessed by the nurse and picked up by a parent/guardian. COVID-like symptoms are:
- Can you look in the toolkit for these?
- Students sent home with COVID-like symptoms will be allowed to return with a negative PCR COVID-19 test or alternative diagnosis from their primary care provider.
- A positive case in class will be handled on a case-by-case basis according to the guidance given by the Orange County Health Department. School nurses and administration will do contact tracing based on who has been within six-feet for a cumulative 15 minutes. Details will be shared with select Lincoln Center staff. Students that are identified as close contacts to a COVID-19 positive student, where both students are correctly and consistently wearing a cloth face covering, do not have to be quarantined. It is recommended that they get tested 3 to 5 days after exposure.
- Fully vaccinated individuals who are identified as close contacts, but are not exhibiting symptoms will not be required to quarantine. It is recommended that they get tested 3 to 5 days after exposure.