Update for Battle of the Books
The School Battle, scheduled for March 25th, has been postponed until school reopens. Come back here for an update!
What is Battle of the Books?
It's a fun reading competition that tests students' knowledge of the selected. Teams of 6-12 participants read the 17 selected Battle books December-March. In February and March, teams met to practice for the battle.
Battle of the Books Assembly
The teams are preparing for the final battle at the assembly on Wednesday, March 25th. The battle starts at 8:15 in the gym.
CHCCS Elementary Battle of the Books 2020
- Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora by Pablo Cartaya
- Front Desk by Kelly Yang
- New Kid by Jerry Craft
- The Parker Inheritance by Varian Johnson
- Stella Diaz Has Her Say by Angela Dominguez
- Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert O'Brien
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi
- The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn by Dorothy and Thomas Hoobler
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Extra Credit by Andrew Clements
- Joey Pigza Swallows the Key by Jack Gantos
- Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
- Locomotion by Jacqueline Woodson
- Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate
- Dreamers by Yuyi Morales