Google Help and Resources
First Day of Google Classroom -- Many videos and resources to get you started or learn beyond what you know
- Google Help: Live stream a video meeting
- Google Help: Record a video meeting
- Google Help: Start a video meeting
- Google Help: Troubleshoot issues with Hangouts Meet
- Google Help: Use captions in a video meeting
- Google Help: Accept and present audience questions
- Setting up Google Meet with Students - Youtube Video
To learn best practices for distance learning, review the Teacher’s Guide to Hangouts Meet.
- When using Meet, participants can turn off their camera to show their profile photo instead. This can improve video meeting quality if internet speed is slow. If audio quality is poor, use a phone for audio instead.
- For large classes, use a live stream instead of having students join an interactive video class meeting. To engage students while live streaming, you can use Google Slides Q&A. Or, you can pre-record a lesson to share later.
- To help students who are deaf or hard of hearing, turn on live captions in Meet. To capture student responses for a recorded class, use Google Slides Q&A.
- If your mobile device can access G Suite, you can use that device to join a class video meeting.
Last Modified on March 23, 2020