Family/Caregiver Support Programs & Resources
(Click the images/logos below to open the links)
- Lives in the Balance: Free demonstration videos, web-based radio programs, and guidance for parents with children who have behavioral challenges
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): Orange County chapter (https://www.namioc.org/)
- "Strives to support, education, and be an advocate for mental health."
- Offers programs, trainings, support groups, and resourcing for parents/caregivers, peers, schools, and the community.
- Providing support, resources, and referrals to increase the strength and resilience of families
- Support parents of children with special needs
- Information on common diagnoses and conditions inpacting youth (e.g. ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Intellectual/Developmental Disability (I/DD)
- Help families make connections to other families and resources in the community
- 2020 Summer Camp Directory for children with special needs
"The Central Carolina Chapter of First In Families of NC has special family support funding available for goods and services that help individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities and their family members thrive in the community, according to their own goals and dreams. Some examples of ways we can provide financial assistance are:
- Camp assistance
- Assistive technology
- A wheel chair ramp or other in-home modification/repairs to make life easier
- New glasses
- Dental work for a therapy dog
- Household items or furnishings
- Vehicle repairs
Our vision is that everyone has different goals and dreams, and they often don't necessarily relate directly to their disability... we can help make it happen!"
- For information on eligibility requirements and/or to request an application for assistance please contact: Tracy Barbee (Resource Navigator/Chapter Director, Central Carolina FIF). email@example.com or (919)724-3423 Fax: 919-400-4846