Gifted Program Advisory Council
The 2022-2025 Gifted Plan calls for the continuation of a district-wide Gifted Program Advisory Council comprised of representation from the following groups:
- Gifted Education Specialists
- School Administrators
- Director of Advanced Learning and Student Leadership
- Lead Gifted Education Specialist
- School Board Members
- Equity Advisory Council (EAC)
- Special Needs Advisory Council (SNAC)
- To advocate for students who need differentiated approaches for advanced instruction in order to meet their academic and intellectual needs.
- To address the opportunity gap in all levels, Pre-K through 12th grade.
- To improve the overall quality of gifted programming for students in K-12.
- To foster clear and constructive communication among parents, schools, and the school district.
- To provide direct support for implementation of the focus practices of the 2022-2025 Plan Cycle.
- To provide feedback to the parent and educational communities regarding the status and implementation of gifted programming at respective schools.
- To recommend strategies for improving services and opportunities to students in K-12.
- To serve as a liaison for sharing of programmatic successes and constructive feedback among the district, school and parent groups in our community.
GPAC Meeting Dates
More information to come.