Credit by Demonstrated Mastery (CDM) Timeline
CDM Communication Window
Dates: August-October: District and school communications to families via Blackboard and Connect-Ed to families; posting of information on district website, emails, and Connect-Ed calls over a three month period.
CDM Parent Information Meetings
- Families are STRONGLY encouraged to attend one of the following meetings. There are changes to some of the CDM processes this year. Please plan to attend one of these meetings:
September: Gifted Parent Advisory Council (GPAC) TBD
- Saturday, October 5th: CHCCS Family Summit, Culbreth Middle School (9 AM- 12PM)
- Credit by Demonstrated Mastery session (9:00 AM- 10:00 AM)
- Thursday, October 10th: Smith Middle School Library (6:30 PM- 7:30 PM)
CDM Application Window
CDM Application Window
- Application Window Dates: Monday, October 14th- Friday, October 25th, 2019
Phase 1 Testing Dates: February 17–28, 2020
- Please SAVE Saturday, February 22, 2020 as a testing date for CDM.
- A Saturday testing date may be utilized based upon the number of applicants.
- LINK to CDM Application: This survey will not be accessible until Monday, October 14th.
- Please note that the survey must be completed in its entirety for each course a student wishes to CDM.
- List of courses eligible for CDM
- Dates: Monday, October 14th- Friday, October 25th: It is STRONGLY suggested that families attend one of the informational meetings prior to registering for CDM.
CDM Eligibility Review and Notification Period
School counselors will review applications to determine eligibility of all students who applied. Students NOT eligible will be notified by their school counselor by December 13, 2019.
* Every student who registers for more than one CDM assessment should schedule an appointment with their counselor.
Phase 1 Assessment Window:
Dates: February 17 – February 28, 2020
A Saturday testing date may be utilized based upon the number of applicants.
Please SAVE Saturday, February 22nd as a testing date for CDM.
Each school will inform students of specific testing dates and times.
Testing will be scheduled by each school. Please contact the school for all testing questions.
Families will receive scores by Friday, March 13th via email.
This document provides a breakdown of each assessment, including number of questions and item types.
Phase 1 State Assessments (EOC/NCFE/CTE):
- All of these assessments are online and are developed by the state. The passing score for all assessments is 90% or higher OR a Level 5 score determined by the state.
- English 2- all English 2 scores will be delayed by the state until August/September of 2020. Therefore, students will take both Phase 1 and Phase 2 during the February testing window. If successful, this may result in a schedule change after the first weeks of school.
- Biology- Level 5
- Math 1- Level 5
- Math 3- Level 5
- Precalculus- 90% or higher
- CTE courses- 90% or higher
- NC Final Exams (Math 2, sciences, social studies, and English 1, 3, & 4)- 90% or higher
- Imporatnt Information: AP Modern (formerly AP World History) will NO LONGER have World History as a prerequisite beginning with the 2020-21 school year. Any rising 9th grader may sign up for AP Modern. This course will serve as the high school graduation credit for World History.
Phase 1 Local Assessments
- These are assessments are locally developed, except for World Languages, which is an online assessment called STAMP.
- All Arts- 90% or higher
- All World Languages: CDM measures MASTERY of content and not just proficiency. Students must score ABOVE the proficiency level in order to successfully earn CDM credit. This year students will take Phase 1 and Phase 2 in one testing session.
Phase 2 Assessment Window:
Dates: March 23– April 2, 2020
Phase 2 Local Assessments: (Only for students who passed a Phase 1 assessment)
- Each school will inform students of specific testing dates and times.
- Testing will be scheduled by each school. Please contact the school for all testing questions.
- Families will receive scores by Friday, April 17, 2020 via email.