Credit by Demonstrated Mastery (CDM) Timeline
CDM Communication Window
This document provides a breakdown of each assessment, including number of questions and item types.
Phase 1 State Assessments (EOC/NCFE/CTE):
- All of these assessments are online and are developed by the state. The passing score for all assessments is 90% or higher OR a Level 5 score determined by the state.
- English 2- all English 2 scores will be delayed by the state until August/September of 2020. Therefore, students will take both Phase 1 and Phase 2 during the February testing window. If successful, this may result in a schedule change after the first weeks of school.
For End-of-Course (EOC) exams, students must achieve at a minimum the following scale score:
NC Math 1: 563 or higher
NC Math 3: 563 or higher
Biology: 261 or higher
Precalculus- 90% or higher
CTE courses- 90% or higher
NC Final Exams (Math 2, sciences, social studies, and English 1, 3, & 4)- 90% or higher
Phase 1 Local Assessments
- These are assessments are locally developed, except for World Languages, which is an online assessment called STAMP.
- All Arts- 90% or higher
- All World Languages: CDM measures MASTERY of content and not just proficiency. Students must score ABOVE the proficiency level in order to successfully earn CDM credit. This year students will take Phase 1 and Phase 2 in one testing session.
Phase 2 Assessment Window:
Dates: To Be Determined (late April)
Phase 2 Local Assessments: (Only for students who passed a Phase 1 assessment)
- Each school will inform students of specific testing dates and times.
- Testing will be scheduled by each school. Please contact the school for all testing questions.
- Families will receive scores via email by (TBD)