Welcome to the Digital Learning and Libraries page!
Here you will find information and resources to support our students' digital and media literacy skills and our staff members' Digital Learning Competencies.
The Instructional Technology & Media programs are committed to ensuring that students are prepared to navigate our technology and media-rich world. Playing an increasingly significant role in the learning process, technology and media can no longer be thought of as an add-on content area, but as an integral component of all content areas throughout the curriculum.
The foundational beliefs supporting the Instructional Technology & Library program include:
- Instruction should be engaging and relevant for all students
- Students must have global access to information and materials
- Learning is a collaborative process
- Educational opportunities are not confined by the schoolhouse walls
- Access to technology must be equitable for all students
- Teachers should model the meaningful use of technology
Our content and instruction is guided by the following:
- North Carolina Information Technology Standards
- North Carolina Digital Learning Competencies for Teachers and Instructional Staff
- North Carolina Digital Learning Competencies for Administrators
- International Society of Technology Education (ISTE) Standards for Students
- International Society of Technology Education (ISTE) Standards for Educators
Director of Digital Learning & Library Services
919-967-8211 x 28252
Administrative Assistant Contact
919-967-8211 x 28241