Welcome to the Carrboro High School Student Services department! Please utilize the navigation bar to your left (desktop) or above (mobile) to navigate our section of the school website.
How can I arrange to meet with anyone in Student Services?
- Before school, during lunch, after school
- During class*, if needed, or if you have time and it makes sense that day.
- Send email or come in person to schedule appointment.
- Make an appointment for Flex Time in Edficiency.
- Leave a note with our secretary, Ms. Brooks, if we’re unavailable, and let us know what times work best for you. We’ll follow up.
If you need urgent help
57% of teen females (29% of males), and 69% of LGBQ+ (35% heterosexual), in 2021 said they experience persistent sadness or hopelessness. 30% of teen females (14% of males), and 45% of LGBQ+ (15% heterosexual), say they have seriously considered suicide. All of these numbers are significantly higher than in 2011. 16% of all teens report being bullied. 14% of females report being forced to have sex.
PLEASE, reach out for help if you are struggling!
- If there is an emergency and someone's safety is at risk, then call 911 or go to an emergency room.
- Struggling with depression, anxiety, or suicidal thoughts, or worried about someone else? 988lifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now/ 988 24/7 call/chat/text Suicide & Crisis lifeline
- Worried about someone else? From violence, to abuse, threats, sexual assault, bullying, depression, anxiety, substance use, and or something else, you can anonymously report any concerns you have about someone with www.sandyhookpromise.org/say-something-tips/.
- LGBTQ-specific struggles? www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help/ 24/7call/chat/text hotline
- Runaway crisis? www.1800runaway.org/ 24/7 call/chat/email/text hotline
Announcements and Upcoming
***Documents should have updated dates and years within the first few weeks of school. Please message your counselor with any questions.***
Class of 2024, the FAFSA is changing this cycle and will be available for you to complete December 2023 (estimated). Due to the late rollout (usually available Oct. 1), be prepared for a potentially tight turnaround to get the form completed and submitted by your school's deadlines in the spring.
Please mind the Daily Announcements so that you don't miss out on important information or opportunities.
Specifically, here is the transcript request form that will add schools to the "Colleges I'm Applying to" section in Naviance and ensure your transcript is sent.
See our "Presentations and Handouts" on the left sidebar for materials from parent and student programming. See our Calendar of Student Services Events, for student- and parent-facing programming and events throughout the year. See our Department Calendar, for a general overview of activities and responsibilities of counselors throughout the year. Finally, you can also see the District's School Counseling site and the resources they link to, as well as the links and videos for any district-sponsored presentations (like Gearing Up for HS and Paying for College [video, Spanish Presentation, Spanish Video]!).